iOS 10 UI Kit is an open-source, collaborative UI design template for iOS 10. It’s an ultimate kit to get screens, apps, icons, effects and much more from the new delightfully designed operating system by Apple. Once downloaded, you’re free to use all the Sketch files for UI design work. You’re just not allowed to re-package it and claim it as your own.
This contains most of the new UI elements of iOS 10, such as the new Spotlight Widgets and Status Bars. It contains the templates for the newly-updated apps in iOS 10, namely Maps, Music, Messages, Health and Home. And also, contains the new iOS system screens, such as the redesigned lockscreen, Spotlight and Control Centre.
License: License Free
Here at Artbees Themes, we’re not big into sugar-coating things. With ourselves or others. So we’ll be blunt–in the world of WordPress Themes there are the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’, but it’s not always easily apparent. If you’re not quite sure what to prioritize when shopping for a new theme, the copious lists of features and promotions can making choosing one a bit overwhelming. After receiving hundreds of inquiries from our users begging us to point them in the right direction in what to look for in a top-tier WordPress theme, we’re happy to offer a few straightforward pointers:
First, to appreciate the great WP themes, let’s do a quick recap of what to steer clear of.
WordPress Theme Let-downs:
A website that weighed down by sloppy and dense code will have a direct negative impact on your web traffic and bounce rates. Think feather light code with an itsie bitsie file size.
Over cluttered, disjointed, tacky, and unbalanced. We’ve all had encounters with websites that don’t quite rub us the right way. Don’t let yours be the next one. Read the rest of this entry »
Cloudinary Introduces Fully Automated Content- and Context-Aware Image Adaptation Solution
Adapting an image to fit the graphic design on various devices and browsers, while optimizing performance, is both an art and science. But for most web designers, it’s a laborious process and almost impossible to accomplish when you’re dealing with thousands of images – or more – for a single site. Cloudinary is eliminating all of these challenges with its new content- and context-aware image adaptation capabilities, which fully automate image management, including cropping, adjusting quality, determining responsive breakpoints and selecting the proper format.
Cloudinary has long been known for its ability to simplify image management. But the solution still required developers to identify the cropping parameters, encoding settings and various resolutions for responsive images before the images could be dynamically adapted. With full automation built into the solution, users can now upload a single high-resolution copy of each image. That image is then automatically adapted in real-time – without any manual intervention – to focus on the most important region of the image, at the optimal quality and encoding settings, and responsively delivered on any device, at any resolution.
Cloudinary includes an array of innovative automated features, including:
- Content-Aware Cropping – Leverages a new content-aware cropping algorithm, which uses a combination of heuristics, Cloudinary automatically detects the region of interest in every image and then crops it on the fly using dynamic URLs to fit the graphic design and layout, on any device, without losing focus on important content.
- Intelligent Content-Aware Encoding – Cloudinary automates the file size versus quality trade-off decision by analyzing every image to find the best quality compression level and optimal encoding settings based on the image content and the viewing browser. By doing so, you will have a perceptually fine image with a minimized file size.
- Responsive Images – Cloudinary can determine the layout width of an image on a user’s device and the density of their screen, then decide how big of an image that user will need, and select and deliver an optimal resource – all at the CDN level. Alternate, re-sized versions of images are generated with the help of Cloudinary’s Responsive Images Breakpoint algorithms. These alternate versions are cached on the CDN and selected-from on the fly — all from a single URL.
- Format Negotiation – Cloudinary optimizes image delivery by dynamically selecting the most efficient format, based on the content and viewing browser, and converts the format in real time.
By providing full automation, Cloudinary is taking all of the guesswork and manual intervention out of the process, freeing web developers and graphic designers to focus on their core missions.
License: MIT License
Datamaps.co is a free and simple platform for creating visualizations with data maps. It allows you to upload CSV file with region data, and fully customize your map’s appearance. Your map chart can be saved as PNG or SVG. With datamaps.co, you can create a custom map of World, USA, China, Canada and more are coming.
License: License Free
You usually don’t take a hit and miss approach when making website design decisions. While you might like to try new approaches from time to time, even those are normally based on sound theoretical approaches that often take into account up-to-date website design principles and trends.
Many, if not most of these trends, are directed toward making websites more engaging to users, and to driving up traffic and conversion rates for clients.
Just like you, Be Theme’s professional pre-built website designers keep in tune with the latest design trends. As a Be Theme user, you’ll always have what you need to consistently produce high-performance websites to the delight of both your clients and the end users.
There are 200+ modern, customizable pre-built websites to choose from that, like those shown here, take into account current design trends. They are extremely easy to install, and installing and customizing them requires no coding skills.
These pre-built websites express:
- a respect for the principles of visual hierarchy, enabling you to build websites that influence user flow and decisions.
- a strategic use of special effects.
- more images and less text, including the use of hero images on home pages and key landing pages.
- effective use of minimalist design for mobile application.
How the Latest Be Theme Pre-Built Websites Follow Current Design Trends
Many if not most of today’s websites are seemingly carbon copies of one another. Themes will differ, but the layouts often look as if they all were based on a common template. Part of the reason for this is the growing number of mobile users, which has tended to place certain constraints on web design.
Does that mean there is little room left for innovation on your part? The answer – a resounding no. Past and present design trends create all sorts of design opportunities for you to put into practice, ranging from the use of hero images and minimalist design, to long scroll, flat design, and the use of special effects that help to tell a story.
The examples shown here incorporate many the latest trends. In addition, these pre-built websites can be installed with one click and are incredibly easy to customize. There are more than 200 to choose from, with each one seemingly better than the next.
Like the Architecture example, this website’s home page has an appealing, ultra-modern look. Read the rest of this entry »
Designers and developers are in demand, so shouldn’t companies apply to hire you instead of the other way around? That’s exactly how it works on Hired. Hired is a platform that gives you an easy to way to get jobs at top companies in SF, NYC, and 14 other tech hubs around the world. How does it work? When you create your profile on Hired, companies like Uber, GitHub, & Stripe will be able to send you interview requests.
Most candidates get 5+ requests throughout their first week, with salary and equity offered up front. When you get an opportunity you like, we’ll connect you directly with their team and Hired’s team of trained Talent Advocates can even help with interview prep and salary negotiation. It’s totally free, and Hired will block your employer and anyone else you want from ever seeing your profile. Just use the link below to create an account, and instantly apply to 3,000+ companies within 10 minutes.
Try Hired today!
This content is sponsored via Syndicate Ads.
Messaging Design Kit is a design kit for Sketch, containing everything you need to craft beautiful and functional rich messaging experiences. You can quickly assemble and modify a fully rendered messaging experience using Sketch symbols. There are 84 carefully crafted icons, made especially for in-app messaging user interfaces. And also, there is a unique series of rich messaging cards, to create hybrid conversational interfaces powered by Layer.
License: License Free
Choosing a WordPress theme is not necessarily an easy task if you are looking for the very best.
It often comes down to one or two truly outstanding features that differentiate a theme from all of the others.
Here are a few things well worth looking for that can get you past having to choose among “adequate” themes, and enable you to drill down to “the best”.
- Look for a theme with an integrated builder. Plugins are not always compatible, and even when they are, there’s a greater tendency to encounter bugs or experience less than optimal performance. When you come across a theme, like this one, that features a premium integrated front-end builder, you’ve hit the jackpot.
- Web design should never be a chore, or a cause for boredom. It should be enjoyable and satisfying. Look for a theme offering cool UX feature, such as intuitive dashboards, smart shortcuts, and a gratifying overall experience, and one that guarantees that no coding experience is required.
- Look for a theme that gives you the freedom to customize to your heart’s content – without limitations. The ability to customize to the tiniest level of detail is cool; limitations are not.
Check out the theme’s user base. A user base of 15,000 to 20,000 or more suggests that you may have struck gold.
Introducing Kallyas, and the First Front-end Builder You’ll Actually Enjoy Working With
Kallyas does in fact give you the freedom to customize to your heart’s content. If you are used to starting off with a pre-established template, that’s OK too. You don’t need dozens, or hundreds of pre-established templates, when you have the freedom to customize without limitations, a front-end page builder, and a few first-class demos to fall back on. Read the rest of this entry »
HospitalRun is an open source project, aimed at delivering modern software for healthcare facilities in the developing world. It utilizes modern browser-based software design and a user-friendly interface to create an intuitive system. It is also architected to deal with the issues of Internet reliability in a developing world context and is designed to allow records to be securely carried outside of the hospital for mobile clinic activities.
Requirements: Ember Application
License: MIT License