8 Great WordPress Plugins in 2024
The more than 59,000 free plugins in the WordPress official directory deal with nearly every feature or function to be put to use in any type of website. Premium WordPress plugins from third-party marketplaces are also available. The largest, CodeCanyon, has over 5200 WordPress plugins.
The question is, do you have the time to sift through 59,425 free plugins? Would you do so even if you did had the time?
We tested scores of WordPress plugins, narrowed the options, and listed what we consider to be the 8 top WordPress plugins for a range of key functions and purposes.
We looked at plugins for –
- building stunning website landing pages with ease.
- visual storytelling featuring unique and engaging user experiences.
- managing and displaying financial, statistical, scientific, commercial, and other types of data.
- automating the booking of appointments and events.
Since the majority of the following plugins offer a free version, you’ll be able to build your website for a minimal cost.
The following review provides important knowledge about these 8 great WordPress plugins for 2024:
What do all the top WordPress plugins have in common?
To settle on the best WordPress plugin in 2024 for each of the 5 functionalities we took the following properties into account:
Features – We carefully evaluated each plugin to confirm the features embodied in it sufficiently met the goal the plugin was designed and built to satisfy.
User reviews. We checked testimonials and reviews that cited both the PROs and the CONs of the plugins and will be sharing them with you.
Compatibility – We checked each plugin for compatibility with the latest WordPress and PHP versions, and only selected those that have been updated within the last two months.
Support – We checked development team response to problems and questions. The developers of these 8 plugins answer any support questions in 24 hours or less.
Free version – Each plugin in this list has a free version. You are encouraged to take them for a spin before considering buying the premium version.
Best WordPress Plugins for your website projects
Trying to find the perfect WordPress plugin in an assortment of 59,000+ is a task you most certainly would want to avoid. Don’t worry. The 8 great WordPress plugins below are the absolute best in their respective service areas, so you need look no further.
We’ve provided information about their top features, average customer ratings, and what real users have to say about them to help you conduct whatever research feel you need to do.
Amelia is the best WordPress plugin for services-oriented and event management businesses in need of an efficient, intuitive booking website.
More than 70% of Amelia’s users seem to agree that this booking system’s standout feature is its powerful multilingual Notifications system. This popular feature effectively manages appointments and events using SMS, email, and/or WhatsApp messages.
Product qualities users discover when using Amelia include:
- the Intuitively designed interface with its effortless navigation and state-of-the-art backend and frontend interfaces.
- customization options that give them the ability to tailor Amelia to their specific needs.
- the value of transparent pricing, functionality, and a user-friendly design that is free from unwelcome surprises.
Amelia places a fully automated booking system at its user’s disposal. A service oriented business like a photography studio can receive appointment requests online 24/7 for fashion, lifestyle, or wedding photos to name a few. Clients can update or cancel appointments and can make payments online or at the facility. Amelia also automates employee scheduling and can serve multiple locations from a single platform.
Client average score: 4.8/5 on Captera.
User review: “ Pros: I’ve been hunting for the best booking tools over the years as a WordPress developer and finally stopped after finding out about Amelia. I love how intuitive it is. It has such a clean, modern, & intuitive backend and frontend. Since mid-2022, Amelia added the new booking 2.0 system and it’s even better than before!
Cons: There are so many features and customizations that I feel a bit lost sometimes.”
Types of instant support available include a user support manual, YouTube videos, and a Discord Group.
You are invited to Preview Amelia .
wpDataTables is the best WordPress plugin for businesses and individuals who need to create tables and charts.
wpDataTables’ top feature is the Multiple Database Connections capability, a relatively new feature that empowers each table to establish an independent connection to MS SQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL databases.
Product qualities wpDataTables’ users observe include:
- a user interface that enables users to effortlessly create tables without any need for technical expertise.
- the ability to easily handle complex data structures thanks to a harmonious blend of powerful data management features.
- the ability to effortlessly create tables from any source and craft tables that seamlessly integrate information from a wide variety of diverse origins.
wpDataTables is ideal for creating tables on popular subjects like cryptocurrencies on WordPress. Other uses for specific user types include:
- advanced filtering and fixed headers and columns are particularly helpful for users working with large tables.
- charts engines for visual representation of financial and marketing services data.
- Transform Value that customizes employee data display.
Client average score: 4.83/5
User review: “This is a great plugin, and I’m so glad I picked up the Lifetime license. Also, the support team is just amazing. They were super helpful to me and provided me with a ton of details, options, alternatives, and workarounds with regards to my issue. wpDataTables is definitely one to add to your arsenal if you’re working with custom tables and data.”
Instant support material includes a comprehensive support manual and YouTube videos.
You are invited to try WpDataTables for free.
Brizy is the ideal WordPress website builder for agencies and designers seeking a White Label solution.
Brizy’s standout feature, its White Label option, allows you to brand the Brizy builder as your own. Having done that, your clients create websites with “your” builder.
Product qualities users discover as they use Brizy Builder:
- The user interface is always centered on the task at hand. Every tool and option is at your fingertips, right where the action is.
- The ability to edit in place, whether you click an image, a text, or any type of content.
- Content is never created in a disjointed sidebar, a feature you will find in some competing builders.
Tailored features for agencies and resellers include the White Label option, Billing, Reseller Client Management, Pop-ups, Stories, and Multi-language capabilities as well as Marketing Integrations.
Brizy Builder is ideal for creating creative websites and landing pages in the Brizy Cloud. It is also ideal for building websites and blogs using the Brizy WordPress theme. Realtalk is a Brizy template/pre-built website that could easily serve as the foundation for building a chat platform or a collaborative website.
Client average score: 4.6/5 on Trust Pilot
User review: “This is by far not only the best site builder with amazing features, but their customer service is IMPECCABLE! I’ve been with Brizy for a few years now and I’ve yet to be let down. Special thank you to Natalia & Valeria for working above and beyond!”
Support capabilities include the Brizy support manual and YouTube videos.
Click here to check out the Brizy Builder plugin.
Slider Revolution is the best WordPress plugin for designers, web developers, and small business owners looking to integrate a WOW factor into their sliders.
Some users say Slider Revolution’s top feature is the ability to create sliders visually. Others will tell you it’s the WOW-effects for WordPress that turn them on. Both answers are correct.
While Revolution Slider has a wealth of design options for every type of user:
- Web shop builders will find the WooCommerce sliders to be particularly useful.
- Businesses and small agencies can make effective use of the one-page portfolio templates.
- Slider Revolution’s Fluid Dynamics Effects slider template will be a hit with forward-thinking creative individuals and agencies.
Slider Revolution’s selection of tools and options for building one-page websites and inspiring hero sections offer excellent starting points.
Users quickly note the capability they have at their fingertips to easily upgrade visuals in their WordPress websites in mere minutes. They also like Slider Revolution’s friendly and helpful customer support.
Client average score: 4.6/5
User review: “The plugin can be difficult to learn (because of the overwhelming amount of options), but the support is SO GOOD. I don’t think I have ever waited more than 10 minutes. In the current world of terrible customer service, these guys are great”.
Support: Slider Revolution’s support manual and YouTube videos are great for instant support.
Click for a preview of the Slider Revolution plugin.
LayerSlider is the best WordPress slider plugin for web designers looking for an effortless way to fill websites with amazing animations.
LayerSlider can be used to create responsive sliders, popups, hero scenes, or even full websites featuring jaw-dropping effects. One of the many great features of LayerSlider is the scroll effect, which can be seen in several newer demos, which magically animates as visitors scroll down.
Regarding templates, don’t miss Creative Portraits, which can be a perfect starting point for Photo Studios, Model Agencies, Webshops and other website types.
Qualities that only users will be able to discover include:
- With a UI that is intuitive and user-friendly, the LayerSlider Project Editor has capabilities that rival those of professional desktop applications.
- The Project Editor gives you access to millions of stock photos and videos, as well as other online services, for a comprehensive visual content creation experience.
- Everything needed to design and create is at their fingertips.
LayerSlider uniquely offers all the animation features to make advanced popups and banners to get visitors’ attention. LayerSlider is, in fact, “tailored” for use on any website, regardless of its content.
User review: “Great quality and what’s important – great support!”
Support: A support manual is included with the package, plus built-in help for almost everything inside the LayerSlider Project Editor.
Preview the LayerSlider plugin.
Web Stories helps you create visual narratives designed to immerse your readers in powerful and fast-loading full-screen experiences.
The top feature of this storytelling editor for WordPress is how it blends a selection of story creation capabilities into a WYSIWYG creation tool. WebStories also provides a delightful selection of templates. The Lune Blanc template is one of the simplest and most straightforward, and also one of the most popular.
Other popular features include:
- Web Stories’ visually rich and intuitive dashboard that fosters easy navigation through the entire story creation process.
- Beautiful page templates to help you get your story creation activities underway and drag-and-drop capabilities that make composing beautiful stories as easy as possible.
- Access to WordPress’ media library that allows you to take your media assets right from the plugin’s dashboard while creating your stories.
Product qualities that Web Stories’ users discover when they begin using the plugin include the ability to:
- offer readers fast loading times to keep them engaged and entertained.
- share and link stories on the open web.
- track and measure stories for monetization.
Client average score: 4.1/5
User review: ”All the plugin backend is intuitive with a good visual editor and SEO utilities. Although it has some issues, the support is active; really cares about helping users to solve them. For me, it’s a good plugin with many possibilities to be a great one.”
Support: Instant support is available in the support manual that comes with the plugin.
Preview the Web Stories plugin.
Tablesome is the best WordPress form automation plugin for those who want to store submitted form information in tables.
Tablesome’s foremost feature is its WordPress Automation feature. Its purpose is to help its users by automating the processes that occur when people have submitted forms; processes like storing the entries in a table, sending an email, and so on.
- One of more appealing qualities of this feature is how, as users become familiar with Tablesome, they begin to realize not only the tasks it can do, but the significant reduction in the number plugins needed to help carry out those tasks.
- Form users appreciate what the Workflow Automation feature does to make their work easier.
- Table Users feel the same about Frontend editing and Google Sheet Integration.
Tablesome also excels when used to support creating or changing data-centric websites. Available integrations and Workflows include HubSpot CRM, MailChimp, OpenAI/ChatGPT, Slack, Google Sheets, and WordPress.
Client average score: 4.7/5
User review: “I needed a backup to ensure that emails and contact forms generated on my website did not go missing. Tablesome was the perfect backup for me.”
Support: YouTube videos and Tablesome’s user manual are best for instant support.
Essential Grid is the best WordPress gallery plugin for helping businesses capture visitors’ attention with breathtaking galleries.
The grid skin options are the key to Essential Grid’s success and the 50+ unique grid skins are unmistakably this plugin’s top feature. Once they start using Essential Grid, it doesn’t take users long to realize the time they are saving and the quality of the help they are receiving as they try to organize their content streams as attractively as possible.
Portfolio grids, team grids, and You/Tube Vimeo channel stream grids are popular among select group of client categories. The Pat LaFontaine WooCommerce Grid, a favorite of eCommerce users, is one of the most widely downloaded demos.
It’s worth noting that Essential Grid was created by the developers of the wildly popular Slider Revolution plugin that also appears on this list of best plugins.
Client average score: 4.7/5 on Trust Pilot
User review: “I use Essential Grid for two of my online stores and it plays an essential part since that’s how I present all of our products. I chose the EG for its flexibility and customization options.”
Support: The support manual and YouTube videos provide instant assistance.
Which of these great WordPress plugins do you think you will need in 2024?
You will probably not need them all, but owning one or two of them could be a game changer. Given the tens of thousands of WordPress plugins that are available, it’s nice to be able to select from a smaller number. Especially knowing that those listed are the best with respect to the categories they represent in.
- They are user-friendly in that they offer an intuitive and flexible user experience.
- There are no limits as to you can achieve in their particular area of functionality.
- Those that feature top-of-the-line pre-built templates make creating a much faster and enjoyable process.
- They allow for responsive editing, so your site will look good on all screens.
- The plugins are fast and stable.
- Customer support is professional, helpful, and there when you need it.
To help narrow down your search, you can start with this compilation of the best WordPress plugins for 2024. Each has something special to offer.
Now that wasn’t very difficult, was it? We’ve gone from 59,000+ WordPress plugin possibilities to 8 of the very best, each of which is designed to satisfy one or more user types or niches. Plus, we’ve spelled out what the top feature of each one is along with other key features that could be of important to you.
You can preview any one of these plugins, try their free versions, and upgrade to their premium versions should the need arise. Assuming you find one or more that fit a pressing need you won’t be disappointed with the results, in 2024 or beyond.