The library works by writing commands such as adding texts, images, moving objects and showing tooltips, and once the .go() function is called, commands will be executed one by one.
The list of commands will be interpreted in the library as a timeline.
If you are familiar with animations in Microsoft Office, you will notice that BoardJS is the a bit the same but for developers and more interaction.
The benefits and features of the library are:
- Optimized and fast
- Cross browser and platform
- Changes the presentation without refreshing the page
- Applies commands to more than one object at a time
- Easy to update presentations
- You can add multiple shows in the same page.
Take a look at the examples in the BoardJS’s site. If you get familiar with commands, any presentation should take about 30 minutes to finish the code. What will take your time is thinking about the presentation and preparing its content. Now, let’s make an example to make the image clear. (more…)