I believe most of us are using Google Analytics in order to track our visitors daily. Most of us love Google Analytics, because it is reliable and powerful. However, how many of us have actually used its full potential?
Search Engine Journal has compilied a list of advanced Google Analytics tips that open up plenty of possibilities to track and evaluate. The followings are some of the useful tricks they shared with us.
- Track 404 page
- Classify your site visitors
- Track your (outgoing) links
- Track your banner ads
- Track your downloads
- Track mailto: links
- Track full referring URLs
- Track e-commerce transactions
- Set up email alert on a regularly-scheduled basis
- Exclude internal traffic
- Compare traffic / page views over different periods of times